Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring in the Uintas


The day before my dad's memorial service, Tommy, Buzz, and I felt the need to get away and clear our heads. It had snowed in the high elevations the night before and we were greeted with about 6 inches of new powder and a beautiful sunny morning with pristine snow. Tommy had some great aerials, Buzz performed an "el rollo" when he didn't make a hill climb and sent the sled tumbling down a steep hillside. We had a moment of silence in the spot where a few years ago, my dad, snowmobiling "blind" rolled in a deep snow drift and lay under the sled until Tommy came back to the rescue. Dad's spirit was definitely with us, egging us on to try something new and enjoy the fresh Utah morning. Thanks, Tommy. I love you, Dad.




2 comments:

  1. wow - those are some awesome pictures dad. I'm glad you guys had a chance to remember Grandpa in a way he would have loved :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow look at those pics. I love you.

    ReplyDelete