Monday, May 17, 2010

The magic of electrons












The last few weeks have been swamped with work on various sandstone core samples. Part of the fun is looking at really tiny things under a scanning electron microscope. These images are mostly of quartz cement in really old aeolian sandstones. I confess, one of the pictures shows a potassium feldspar overgrowth - can you guess which one? These pictures make neat screen savers, if you are into quartz crystals and hairy illite (or is that "fred" illite? -since Bucky is now Steve, why shouldn't hairy change his name, too?).

2 comments:

  1. Ha, ha, ha! I figured it out. Of course I asked you questions today when I first saw them to learn what it was!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This particular papers fabulous, and My spouse and i enjoy each of the perform that you have placed into this. I’m sure that you will be making a really useful place. I has been additionally pleased. Good perform! obstetric stethoscope

    ReplyDelete